As much as I want to keep my bedroom clear of clutter, I’ve developed a nighttime routine that involves giving my hands and feet a good pampering before sleep. In doing that, I have accumulated a few things to keep nearby.
While I wind down from the day, it’s also my time to catch up on reading and prep for the next day with making lists or ideas for projects, so a few of those bits will make an appearance.
– Penguin notepad – I recently added this to give my bedside area a bit of a festive touch.
– Pen – this one is a Pilot Precise V5 Rolling Ball in Extra Fine
– 100% Shea Butter – I use this for my hands every night and sometimes my feet.
– Neosporin Lip Health Overnight Renewal Therapy – this is for when my lips need extra care. Winters in WI are really dry and this really helps heal cracked or dry lips.
– Badger Night-Night Balm with Lavender and Chamomile– I apply this when I really want to ensure a good night’s sleep.
– Cloth for cleaning my glasses. At night, I take my contacts out to give my eyes a break and wear glasses.
– Hair ties – when I wake up, I instantly put my hair up.
– ZzzQuil tablets – I have trouble sleeping…
– Julep Maven Essential Cuticle Oil
– Dr. Bronner’s Magic All-One Organic Naked Lip Balm
– A couple pairs of socks – I get cold all the time and sometimes wear socks to bed!
– Earbuds – in case I’m watching something on my phone and my husband is sleeping.
– Solution for cleaning glasses.
– Flashlight. Just in case.
– More hairties.
– Pads of sticky notes
– Old gift cards, hotel key cards, and random saved pieces of paper I use for bookmarks.
– Nail file.
– Pens and a mechanical pencil, in case I’m doing crosswords or word searches
– An envelope with some dried greenery – it was part of a Chinese wedding tradition. I like to keep this nearby as a keepsake.