I’m a bit obsessed with Boots beauty products. My first exposure to it was sometime in high school. Already an Anglophile, my very first Boots toner was just another way for me to feel connected to my favorite place in the world (since I hadn’t been there yet, anything that was remotely British just made me giddy).
Years later, having tried numerous creams, serums and cleansers, I finally made it to London (on my honeymoon!) and got to walk into a Boots store. The array of prettily simplistic packaging mesmerized me and it was there I discovered their Botanics line. And lucky me, it was a buy two, get one free deal. So I picked up the following:
– Botanics Rebalance Restoring Cream Body Wash. I don’t have it pictured, since I’ve already used it up. It’s a creamy, extremely gentle body wash that felt incredibly nice after a long day of sight seeing. Even though it was unscented, it wasn’t entirely fragrance free. The faint fresh soapy smell will now always remind me of my honeymoon and London. I will definitely be revisiting this one.
– Botanics All Bright Cleansing Face Wipes. I’d run out of makeup remover wipes, so this became a great alternative for taking off the day’s dirt and tube (that’s the subway, for us Americans!) smog. It took every bit of my makeup off, even the waterproof mascara, which is pretty impressive.
– Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover in All Bright. It contains brightening hibiscus, which I haven’t witnessed the results of… In fact, I believe I’ve developed shadows under my eyes due to my dabbing at my eyelashes too much. It’s a gentle oil, and I soon noticed it didn’t take off my waterproof mascara very well. So there I am, standing there soaking each eye for ten minutes. I have patience for many things, but not this! I think I’ve lost quite a few eyelashes from using this. At the moment, my sole purpose is to just use it up. Not a fan.
– Botanics Softening Cleanser 82% Organic with nourishing Rosehip. I am in love with this cleanser. It’s creamy and non-lathering, so when I wash it off, it doesn’t strip all the oils from my face. And it smells absolutely wonderful – a mixture of something very herbal and floral. This is a new favorite.
– Botanics Mattifying Day Cream SPF15 with clarifying Willow Bark. This has controlled my normally oily skin! And I have troublesome oily, acne prone skin. This is one amazing product. Affordable, has a built-in SPF and there is a hint of a citrus note in the not-too-heavy cream.
– Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz 100%. It’s only a bonus that it’s organic. But I bought it for the scent. I am a sucker for anything rose scented and this was going to be perfect for the summer.
Many products have come and gone, but I think at least one Boots item will remain in my beauty rotation. Always reliable, affordable and really becoming more mainstream in American drugstores. After I returned from my honeymoon, I found the Botanics line available on Target shelves. Maybe it was new or perhaps I had never really looked for it. Either way, it was a sign that Boots will always be there for me.